The Plaisterers’ Hall is the largest and one of the finest Livery Halls in London. Opened in 1972 and situated in the heart of the City of London, it reflects the grandeur of a bygone era but in an ultra modern setting.
Lost in the fire
The Company's first Hall was bequeathed to the Company by William Elder, Citizen and Plaisterer in 1556. It was situated at the corner of Addle Street and Philip Lane and destroyed in the Great Fire of London in 1666.
The second Hall was built in 1669 from the design of Sir Christopher Wren, but this was also destroyed by fire in 1882.
The third building on the site was totally destroyed during a bombing raid on the night of 29 December 1940, and the site was compulsorily acquired by the Corporation of London in 1956.
The present Hall at One London Wall, opened in November 1972, has décor throughout of the neo-classical style created by Robert Adam in the 18th Century. His various designs have been faithfully reproduced in great detail both on plaster and wood, some being taken from his original moulds.
One London Wall
Plaisterers’ Hall underwent major renovation and facilities upgrade programme during the redevelopment of the One London Wall site, and it is once more available for hire. The spacious premises allow for an extensive range of events from dinners, luncheons and receptions, to concerts and conferences, to be hosted in a magnificent setting. As well as being a beautiful venue for family parties and wedding receptions, the premises are also licensed for civil marriage ceremonies.
For full details on how to book the Hall and its facilities please
contact 020 7796 9333 or email email@example.com or for further information please visit www.plaisterershall.com