Coat of Arms

The Company was granted its Armorial Bearings in 1545/6, the original patent, which in part is worn and difficult to decipher, is now framed and hung in the foyer of the Hall.

The Company was granted its Armorial Bearings in 1545/6, the original patent, which in part is worn and difficult to decipher, is now framed and hung in the foyer of Plaisterers’ Hall.

Also hanging in the Hall is a beautiful banner worked by the late Mrs Margaret Wettern, wife of Past Master Patrick Wettern. On one side the  banner depicts the Arms as in the original patent and it reads as follows:

“Azure on a chevron engrailed argent a rose gules budded or, stalked and leaved vert, between two fleurs de lys azure; in chief a trowel fessewise between two plasterer’s hammers palewise all argent handled or, in case a plasterer’s brush, of four knots tied argent handled or.”