Plaisterers’ Hall is the largest and one of the finest City livery halls in London.
Located in the heart of the City of London, Plaisterers’ Hall is a purpose built venue offering all the luxury and ambience of a prestigious venue with the technical facilities of a modern space.
The company’s first hall was bequeathed by William Elder, Citizen and Plaisterer in 1556. It was situated on the corner of Addle Street and Philip Lane but was destroyed in the Great Fire of London in 1666. Its second hall was built in 1669 to the design of Sir Christopher Wren, although this too met the same sad fate by being destroyed by fire in 1882.
The current Plasterers Hall opened in November 1972, its décor is of the neo-classical style created by Robert Adam in the 18th century. Various Robert Adam designs have been faithfully reproduced in great detail both on plaster and wood, some being taken from his original moulds.
Plaisterers’ Hall regularly hosts a wide range of events, including formal livery dinners, parties, weddings, conferences and product launches through to fashion shows and photo shoots. .
The Hall is designed to impress with its corniced ceilings, hanging with the finest gold chandeliers, and floor length windows.
The adjoining rooms are equally as fine, and provide ideal additional spaces for large parties or ceremony events, as individual spaces for smaller business meetings, or intimate dinners.
Plaisterers Hall is available for private hire and to find out more visit the Plaisterers’ Hall website.
Plaisterers Hall Website